Earth day is celebrated around the world on April 22. It was first started in the year of 1970 to express support for the environment. It is still celebrated around the world with various fun activities for the family. The activities helps raise awareness about our environment.
Since today is Earth Day we decided to do a fun Earth Day activity.
- Paper & Pencil
- Elmer’s Glue
- Food Color (Blue & Green)
- Some Raw Rice
- Divide the raw rice in 70-30 proportions into two bowls. Put Blue color in the 70% rice bowl & Green in the other one.
- Mix it with a spoon.
- Draw a circle and section it how Earth is divided into water and land.
- Let the child color the Land green & the water blue.
- Now put glue on the circle and let the child put blue rice on the blue color and green rice on the green colored earth.
Picking up the small pieces of rice , helps practice their pincer grasp and in turn helps them in their writing skills.
What to learn from this activity?
- Earth is 70 % water & 30 % land
- Matching colors
- Picking small objects help kids develop a better grip